Title: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
Salary Rage: $50,000 to $60,000 annually, plus benefits Exempt
Adelante, The Latino Resource Center, is a Latino non-profit organization whose mission is to empower Latinos and the community at-large through supportive services, education and advocacy for children and families.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Adelante, The Latino and Community Resource Center. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Administration and Operations:
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate program objectives and operation philosophies.
- Plan, develop and implement annual operating budgets and endowments.
- a) Ensure that Adelante has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- b) Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
- c) Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization’s work.
- d) Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- e) Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
- Ensure that the board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it.
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with communitygroups and organizations.
- Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizationsand the general public.
Responsible for the recruitment, employment of personnel: both paid staff and volunteers. Must have experience is developing a management succession plan and a winning employee base.
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed, regular performance evaluations are held and sound human resource practices are in place.
- See that an effective management team, with appropriate provision for succession, is in place.
- Encourage staff and volunteer development and education.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- Work with the staff, Finance Committee and the board in preparing a budget; see that theorganization operates within budget guidelines.
- Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work.
- Jointly, with the president and secretary of the board of directors, conduct officialcorrespondence of the organization, and jointly, with designated officers, execute legal documents.
- Degree in related field with 3+ years of experience implementing programs/services for diverse target populations, and experience with grants, budgets and program management
- Experience with program implementation and evaluation
- Ability to handle multiple projects, meeting specific deadlines and handling confidential situations
- A high degree of interpersonal skill, tact and diplomacy to interact effectively with a variety of groups of all ages and cultural backgrounds
- Strong team building, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word and Excel software programs
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Access to a vehicle
- Fluent Spanish skills preferred
- Understanding and experience in education program development, marketing and public relations.
- Familiarity with federal, state and local fund reporting systems.
Salary will be based on skills and experience. Benefits package includes health insurance and paid vacation.
Applicants should submit a resume, a cover letter explaining their qualifications and interest for this position, and names of at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Confidential review of resumes will begin on March 1, 2018. References provided by applicants will not be contacted until applicants are notified and give the search committee permission to contact references. The position will remain open until the right person is found.
Adelante is committed to nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action in its employment, delivery of legal and educational services, and relationships with vendors and contractors. The organization will not tolerate discrimination with regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or marital or family status.
Adelante acts affirmatively to meet both the spirit and the letter of applicable polices and laws and to value and respect the diverse population it serves in Ohio. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.